Directly Fitness Interview with Laura London


Figure Competitior and Personal Trainer Laura London Talks to Directlyfitness.com

Laura London 5 Figure Competitor and Personal Trainer Laura London Talks to Directlyfitness.com

1. How did you get started with modeling and fitness?

I was grocery shopping one day and picked up a magazine with before & after transformations in it. I had three kids and was tired, overweight and out of shape. I decided that enough was enough; I was tired of being tired. I joined a gym, learned all I could about diet, health and nutrition. I had never even played a sport in my life growing up because my brother was a hemophiliac.
I had amazing changes in my body and life and have not looked back since.

2. What really gets you motivated?

Laura London Figure Competitor and Personal Trainer Laura London Talks to Directlyfitness.comI am motivated now, by the feeling of being strong. Fitness has made me strong not only in the gym but in every area of my life. Being a role model for other women in their 40’s keeps me going, knowing that I am able to touch other people’s lives and support them really keeps me motivated.

3. What is your training philosophy?

Train hard, train efficiently and train with slow and controlled movements. Make the mind to the muscle connection.
Consistency is the key; most people give up an exercise too soon. They want immediate results. Slow and steady wins the race, keep going and don’t give up.

4. If you have to pick only 3 exercises, what would they be and why?

Bicep curls for sure! I love pushing heavy weight and seeing the results, I am also known as “Lethal Laura”.
Leg Press because the have changed the “terrain” of my stubborn lower body.
Pull up, I can do 10 full range pull-ups, you know you have true strength when you can do pull-ups.
Laura London 6 Figure Competitor and Personal Trainer Laura London Talks to Directlyfitness.com

5. What is your philosophy on nutrition?

Eat clean, natural organic foods from Mother Nature. I eat clean 80% of the time and 20% of the time I enjoy.

6. What’s your diet like?

I eat very simple and natural, I am quite “green”. My staples are fish, eggs, some chicken and raw or organic protein powder. Sweet potato, brown rice, quinoa and oatmeal plus lots of fruits and veggies

7. What’s your take on carbohydrates?

Laura London 4 683x1024 Figure Competitor and Personal Trainer Laura London Talks to Directlyfitness.com
You need carbs; I think too many people are afraid of them. I don’t believe in cutting out any food group. Listen to your body, some people need more and some people need less, buy your body needs them to function in top shape.

8. What workout routine has worked best for you?

When I first started I broke my training into legs, cardio/abs and upper body days and would alternate them. Now when not competing I work on my lagging body part which is my lower body, due to a back injury. But most important I am always changing up my exercises and shocking the body to keep it guessing.
One day may be weights, then balls and band or plyometrics. This type of training has taken my physique to the next level.

9. You own physical feature you are most proud of?

Laura London 3 Figure Competitor and Personal Trainer Laura London Talks to Directlyfitness.comThat would be my biceps, I am also known for my biceps as “Lethal Laura” and my abs, I love having abs year round, they are one of my trademarks at age 45.

10. What supplements do you use if any?

I use a green powdered drink called Kamut, which is a bunch of baby grasses, MAC Master Amino Complex a vegetarian source of protein and food as my supplements

11. Favorite Bodybuilders, model, and athletes?

There are so many athletes that I admire, I recently go to meet some of them at the Arnold. Alisha Marie, Laura Mak, Jenny Hendershot and Monica Brandt.

12. Who inspires you most?

My friend and fitness Diva Jennifer Nicole Lee is my inspiration. She is a mom who transformed not only her body but the direction of her life. She inspires me to keep going and to never give up and never give in.

13. Favorite Quote?

Everything you want is just outside your comfort zone. I have been having the most amazing time of my life doing things I never even dreamed possible in my 40’s. I keep saying I have been very “uncomfortable lately” because I have stepped way out of my comfort zone. But when you do AMAZING things happen. Try it!
Bodyspace

LauraLondonFitness.com

FitandFabulousMomContest.com

FaceBook
YouTube
Twitter
Purium Health Products

Comments

  1. Good information.Simple and easy to understand,well written. Enjoyed reading it. This is so true. Thank you for writing this article, keep blogging! I am reading your post from the beginning, it was so interesting to read & I feel thanks to you for posting such a good blog, keep updates regularly.

    Personal trainer nutritionist in birmingham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog..! I really loved reading through this article... Thanks for sharing such an amazing post with us and keep blogging..

    Regards,
    Trainer nutritionist near me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment