My Interview with KickAssWomen.com

May 2011 – Laura London

Everyone knows I get a great deal of inspiration from KickAss Women athletes.  But this month’s KickAss Woman is far more than inspirational! Laura London exploded onto the scene only a year ago and has already created quite a name for herself.  Not just because she is in amazing shape and absolutely gorgeous, but also because she is genuinely one of the sweetest people I have ever met!  She is also a dedicated mother, wife and business woman!  I am happy to announce that Laura will be joining the KickAssWomen.com team as an editor in this month!  So, read her interview, check out her pictures, post your comments and say hello to the amazing Laura London!
1. Congratulations, how does it feel to be the Kick Ass Woman of the Month?
I am very honored and excited to be Kick Ass Woman of the Month.  The women here are extremely hard working, dedicated, goal oriented and of course Kick Ass.
2. You are a fitness competitor, fitness model, author, trainer, and mom of three! How do you fit all of that into your schedule?
It is a juggling act for sure! It takes a lot of planning and organization. Lately I don’t stop until my head hits the pillow.   I could not do what I do without the full support of my family. The positive comments and support that come from fans keeps me motivated to keep moving forward!
3. Did you participate in sports as a child?
I actually never played a sport in my life growing up.  My brother was a hemophiliac so the family did not play any sports.  I didn’t  know I was “Athletic” until I was in my thirties.
4. What are your overall goals?
My overall goal and mission is to help women be the best they can be at any age though health and fitness.
5. What are your competition goals?
To earn my pro card this year and continue to get on stage and have a blast!
6. How did you get into fitness modeling?
A photographer contacted me, helped to build my modeling portfolio and guided me and he also got me published!  All at the age of 44.
7. Where would you like to take your fitness career outside of the stage?
Outside of the stage I would like to continue fitness modeling.  I am working on a downloadable fitness E book and exercise videos.  I just finished a recipe CD “Exercise Your Right to Eat Healthy” available on my web site LauraLondonFitness.com and who knows what else 
8. What is your diet like?
I eat clean 90% of the time when I am not in competition mode.  I always have to been in photo ready shape.  When it is time for a competition it turns to 100% clean eating.  Chicken, fish, eggs, brown rice, sweet potato and steamed veggies are my staples.
9. What is your workout routine?
I train 5 to 6 days a week, splitting up body parts.  I train legs twice a week and for my cardio I add in 30 second plyometric moves in between sets to get my heart pumping.
I also take an outdoor book camp class and on Sundays I meet with a group of friends and we run the bleachers and set up stations and work out on the track.
10. Do you use any supplements?
Protein Powder, Amino Acids, Flax/Borage oil, and a healthy “Green” drink called Kamut which is baby wheat grass.
11.  How has your life changed since meeting Joey Douglas?
Joey is great guy who is full of energy and ideas.  He knows just what to say to a girl to make her smile. His passion for fitness and Kick Ass Women has brought together a group of amazing women who inspire me just like Joey does.
12. What would you like your fans to know about you?
I am a regular mom who decided to take her health into her own hands and change my life.  I stepped way out of my comfort zone and am so glad I did.  I am doing things that I never even dreamed were possible.
Some thing that people don’t know about me is that I love to learn and take classes.  My friends joke about what I am going to do next.  Besides being a figure competitor, I am certified in sign language, personal training, reflexology, aromatherapy, raw food preparation and my next certification is going to be a Jump Rope Instructor!!
Learn more about Laura:

Comments

Popular Posts