Natural Fitness Addiction Interview with Laura London




Tell us about yourself.  How did you get started with fitness and what keeps you motivated?

I was grocery shopping one day and picked up a magazine with before & after transformations in it. I had three kids and was tired, overweight and out of shape. I decided that enough was enough; I was tired of being tired. I joined a gym, learned all I could about diet, health and nutrition. I had never even played a sport in my life growing up because my brother was a hemophiliac. I have not looked back since.

I am motivated now, by the feeling of being strong. Fitness has made me strong not only in the gym but in every area of my life. Being a role model for other women in their 40’s keeps me going, knowing that I am able to touch other people’s lives and support them really keeps me motivated.

What is your secret to success? 

Having a very supportive husband and family is how I am able to be successful.  They support me with everything I do.  My husband encourages me to push forward when I think I can’t.  My kids even help to film my videos.  Also getting out in the public eye and being myself and having fun.  I always say when I am not having fun it is time to stop.
Picture

Why is it important for you to stay natural?

For me there is not other way.  I believe in eating whole organic whenever possible foods.  Your body knows what to do with them and how to process them.  Eating like this gives me the best results.
Picture
Picture

What is the best training advice you offer to people just starting out in fitness?

Surround yourself with positive people and take one day at a time.  Set small goals and keep moving forward.  Talk to people who have done what you want to accomplish.  They are always happy to help someone else reach their goals.  

What is your favorite "cheat" meal?

That is a toss up between pizza and chocolate so I guess I just have to have them both!
Picture

Which type of cardio do you prefer and why?

My favorite way to do cardio is quick and fast.  I love doing 30 second FUSION cardio blast between my training moves. HIIT training on the treadmill or stair stepper.  I also jump rope.  I can jump rope on top of a Bosu!  

Please share your future goals in health and fitness.

I have three eBooks coming out very soon, look for them on my fitness web site.  I will continue to compete in figure competitions.  I am studying to be a holistic health coach at Integrative Nutrition. I am working on exercise DVD’s and a lot more….

A major accomplishment I am very proud to share with everyone is the Laura London Fit & Fabulous Mom Contest 2012.  It is a contest for mom’s to show off their hard work or transformations without having to put on a bikini.  All you need is a fitness outfit and evening look and a good attitude to get on stage.
Picture
Picture

Thanks for your time!  How can people contact you?

Picture

Comments

Popular Posts