Channel 5 Coverage of the 2013 Laura London's Fit and Fabulous Mom Contest




Channel 5 Coverage of the 2013 Fit and Fabulous Mom Contest


  




BOCA RATON, Fla. -  Eating right and exercise is important to Flora May Meddoff, a working mom of two.
She says,  "It makes me feel good, makes me a better person, a wife, a mother, and just overall I feel good and I need that energy."
Flora May is  taking that energy to the stage Friday night at the 3rd Annual Fit and Fabulous Mom contest in Boca Raton.
"I'm excited and I can't wait, and I'm all pumped up!"
Flora isn't a fitness professional, she's a school teacher who had some doubts about entering the contest
"I would've never thought I would be able to get up on stage in front of so many people, you know, I'm a very shy person."
But she did it and is back for a second time.
Author, fitness and nutrition guru Laura London and her husband came up with the idea to put on the contest for moms.
"The Fit and Fabulous Mom contest is about inspiration and motivating other moms to be their best at any age."
From 26-80 years old, all of the moms are stepping out of their comfort zone.
London says, "These moms, they've never been on stage they thought 'oh my gosh, what am I doing? I've never done anything like this,' and what we've seen happen is these moms go on to do other things, they're just inspired because once they do this they realize they can do anything."
For those who think they can't do it Meddof says, "It's just a matter of getting your self-confidence, I thought I would never have the self-confidence but obviously when you look good, you feel good…it just comes out of you."
Click for more on the Fit and Fabulous Mom Contest in Boca Raton. bitly link: http://bit.ly/1bhIlfA

Comments

Popular Posts